- Provide preventive maintenance on your HVAC systems
Over time dust, dirt, debris, bacteria, etc. will build up in the air conditioning and heating systems.
Prevent maintenance helps this by keeping your system running smoothly year-round.
- Don't have home air conditioning yet?
We can help!
- Chiller Repair Service & Installation
From Commercial to Industrial Air Cooled Chillers & Cooling Towers we provide HVAC Preventative Maintenance to keep
your system running smoothing and efficiently, call us for today 310-530-0504
Are You Having Heater Problems?
In This Section:
What is a humidifier? A humidifier is a household appliance that increases humidity in a single room or the entire house. In other words, it's what keeps the moisture in a room or rooms.
There are two types of humidifiers. A flow-through, where the waters flows through the humidifier and drains out; or reservoir, which uses a reservoir of water and a rotating drum to introduce moisture for humidified air. (Steam humidifier is also a type, however, it is not discussed).
All home humidifiers work under one principle of introducing moisture from collected water and evaporating it into warm air stream coming from the furnace. Not all components of a humidifer are the same, although they all require:
- Water medium
- Blowing air
- Water control valve or float
With all the components there, this is how it works:
- A water supply line is tapped for the humidifier into an existing water pipe source.
- An opening reduces the flow of water to the humidifier inlet valve.
- The valve allows water to flow controllably. This is normally controlled by a solenoid controlled by the humidistat.
- The water feed tube then distributes water through the top cover and feeds water to the evaporator pad.
- The water collection medium holds the water as it is evaporated to create humidified air.
- Excess water is then collected in the drain pan and then flows into the household drain.
Sound confusing? It can be. This is our area of expertise, our profession.
Give us a call, we'll do the thinking from there on out.
We work with brands like Carrier, Lennox,York, Cozy, Williams, Mitsubishi, Trane and many others!
Go back to main heating page »