Are You Having Heater Problems?
In This Section:
Heating Tune-ups and Maintenance
Professionals should be the ones providing services and fine-tuning a unit.
In a typical furnace tune-up, here are the steps:
Step 1: Conduct a visual inspection
- Fuel-jets are checked to determine that the fuel-burning process is working properly.
Step 2: Remove the covers and check the filters
- Mechanical parts and filters are checked to see if it needs replacing.
Step 3: Check the blower
- Blower is checked to ensure there is no obstruction.
Step 4: Remove and clean the burners
- Burners are cleaned and examined. The internal chamber is checked for defects.
Sensor and pilot is cleaned for the unit to operate effectively.
Step 5: Reassemble the components
Step 6: Perform the safety tests
- The furnace is checked to prevent overheating. Gas meter is checked for the rate of fuel usage. Carbon monoxide levels are also checked.
Maintenance is Key for Prevention of Costly Breakdowns.
In order to prevent future problems and unwanted costs, you must keep your equipment maintained. Keep your air heating systems at peak performance by having a HVAC contractor, like us, do annual check ups. Once winter and summer begins, HVAC technicians and contractors become busy, so it's best to check the cooling system in the spring and the heating system in the fall. Plan to do this yearly as it will save you more money in the long run.
We work with brands like Carrier, Lennox,York, Cozy, Williams, Mitsubishi, Trane and many others!
Go back to main heating page »